19 June 2023

Respect yourself, Protect yourself

 There is something I forgot to cover in my Uncle-Bunkle-Boinky-Head post.

NO. I do not want to do drugs with you, and neither does my husband. 

In my post I talked about my uncle having a past drug problem. I mentioned that he is the one who introduced me to weed. I feel like I need to elaborate on this more.

Keep in mind I am all for marijuana legalization. I do not see weed as a drug, so the fact that he is a pot head is fine. His bills are paid as far as I know, and I only feel like it is a problem if the person is spending their rent and bill money on weed. That is irresponsible. 

With that said, calling me to find cocaine for you because your doctor won't give you your pain medication due to marijuana in your system is another issue. If weed is getting in the way of you getting your pain medication from your doctors, cut it out until you can start again. It hurts, but until Texas comes to its senses, you do what you have to do. 

Keep in mind my husband is a recovered addict, and so am I. We split up for years and both went through our own shit. The audacity of my uncle to come to me on multiple occasions to try to get me to down some mushrooms with him, locate cocaine for him, or even find pills for him is ridiculous. I have told him that I'm not interested. He will wait a while and then come to me again. I lied to him before and said "OK, let me see what I can find" and then not pursued anything eventually apologizing and telling him I couldn't find anything. It's really sad. 

I'm not connected to people like that anymore, and I don't want to be. A good friend of mine used to go out of his way to find things for my uncle, but even he is out of the game. We don't want to go back in. We are done, and I feel like my uncle is the last piece of the puzzle.

The chiropractor did wonders. He could barely walk for a while. He was using a cane. His self medication is "helping," but I know that it's just temporary. He will begin to deteriorate again, and this time it'll be worse than before. He is killing himself, and I don't think he cares much.

As much as you love your family, sometimes you have to separate yourself to protect yourself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments respectful or they will be deleted.