10 March 2022

My Weird Relationship with Food - Lunch Break Thoughts


 I always have a drink beside me whether it's water, soda, juice, or sometimes beer. However, my body will not tell me if I'm hungry until I'm extremely hungry and then BAM! It hurts and aches. It was so bad in High School that I used to pass out from not eating because I was only able to eat at school. People always get on to me. Why didn't you eat? Well, because I didn't feel hungry until now! Why would I eat if I don't feel hungry? 

On the other end - Sometimes something random like a cheese stick, for example, will pop into my head. Then it's all I can think about. Do I have one? If not, where can I get one? Can I afford to buy one? Should I drive out just for a cheese stick? Must have cheese stick! Some will say what I am experiencing is called a craving, but it's more than that. I become hyper-focused and my body will physically react.

If I can't get ahold of whatever it is I become uninterested and turned off of other foods completely until said food is gotten or I get hungry enough to not care anymore. Which comes full circle to where this blog began. 

I've been called spoiled and a brat, but when it comes to this, that is not the case. Food will literally gross me out to where I feel nauseous. How can I eat feeling that way? When you're nauseous the last thing on your mind is food.

I used to deal with this by just going to sleep to avoid feeling like crap, but now I have started forcing myself to eat something. Even if it makes me sick to look at on a plate or in a bowl. I found that usually whatever it is ends up being tasty. Sometimes I can only take 2 or 3 bites and have to put it away, but that's OK because after about an hour or so I can come back to it and finish it or make myself something else to eat. 

I don't understand why I am this way, and for the longest time I was misunderstood by myself and others because I used to be made to feel like I was a problem child. However, as an adult, I realize that this is not something I can control.

What are your thoughts on this? What are some of your weird food habits?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments respectful or they will be deleted.